Let’s build unity through community: working towards a more prosperous Philomath.
As a community-minded scientist and as your mayor, I have a vision and have been working hard for the city to encourage a vibrant Philomath with a bustling local economy and welcoming downtown gathering places for everyone. Future developments and growth should make Philomath stronger and more prosperous, without sacrificing long-term liabilities for short-term growth.
- Affordable housing & building community: Promoting a strong sense of community and a high quality of life for all.
- Economic development & local businesses: Using strategic innovations to strengthen Philomath’s local economy
- Celebrating our history, culture, & diversity: Promoting Philomath as a rural, vibrant timber town that celebrates diversity and is safe for everyone.
- Public health & environment: Balancing growth with a focus on public health, open space, and a healthy environment.
- Fiscal responsibility: Moving important civic projects forward, while balancing the City’s needs and financial obligations with an adaptive city government
- Prosperity & security: Ensuring Philomath residents feel welcome, safe, valued, and dignified, while connecting underserved populations to essential services.
- Inclusive governance: Maximizing government transparency and accessibility to elected officials
- Dan Rayfield, Speaker of the Oregon House of Representatives
- Xan Augerot, Benton County Commissioner
- Pat Malone, Benton County Commissioner
- Nancy Wyse, Benton County Commissioner
- David Low, Philomath City Councilor
- Ruth Causey, Philomath City Councilor
- Theresa Nielson, Philomath City Councilor
- Matt Lehman, Philomath City Councilor