Let’s build community, prosperity, and a stronger Philomath.
I am a community-minded scientist that envisions Philomath as a welcoming community for everyone; a great place for families with a downtown that is a gathering place for our community. I will use strategic planning to encourage development of a bustling downtown, where tourists support our local businesses while strengthening our economy. Future developments should make Philomath stronger and more prosperous, without sacrificing long-term liabilities for short-term growth.
- Fiscal responsibility: Moving important civic projects forward, while balancing the City’s needs and financial obligations with an adaptive city government focused on serving its residents.
- Building community: Promoting a strong sense of community and providing a high quality of life for all.
- Celebrating our history, culture, & diversity: Promoting our appeal as a vibrant, rural timber town that celebrates diversity and is safe for everyone.
- Public health & environment: Balancing growth with a focus on public health, open space, and a healthy environment.
- Prosperity & security: Ensuring all Philomath residents feel welcome, safe, valued, and dignified, while connecting under-served populations to essential services.
- Inclusive governance: Maximizing public input, transparency in local government, and accessibility to elected officials.
- High quality school and public safety programs that emphasize serving the public.
- Dan Rayfield, Oregon State Representative for House District 16
- Xan Augerot, Benton County Commissioner
- Annabelle Jaramillo, Benton County Commissioner
- Pat Malone, Benton County Commissioner